Under the Big Top
Welcome to Letter 2 of Reader, Come Home
Dr. Wolf presents the complex brain activity taking place as we read – along with its functions, connections, and sequencing – as a five-ring-circus.
For the virtual book study, read Letter 2 of Reader, Come Home, watch the roundtable discussion video, and answer the following discussion questions.
Ready to explore deeper? Enjoy our full Letter 2 lecture.
Reader, Come Home Virtual Book Study Letters:
- Letter 1: Reading, the Canary in the Mind
- Letter 2: Under the Big Top: An Unusual View of the Reading Brain
- Letter 3: Deep Reading: Is It Endangered?
- Letter 4: “What Will Become of the Readers We Have Been?”
- Letter 5: The Raising of Children in a Digital Age
- Letter 6: From Laps to Laptops in the First Five Years- Don’t Move Too Fast
- Letter 7: The Science and Poetry in Learning (and Teaching) to Read
- Letters 8 & 9: Building a Biliterate Brain & Reader, Come Home
- Concluding Livestream by Dr. Wolf on March 12 at 7pm ET