Pop-Up Learning: Kindergarten through 3rd Grade
Video-based experiences to develop a reading foundation and promote social emotional awareness through empathy, self-reflection, self-care, and community building.
Develop Thinking, Feeling Readers
Starting June 15, new engaging activities, anchored in stories, will be shared every week for two age groups: kindergarten through 1st grade and 2nd grade through 3rd grade.
Across four weeks, we will explore the themes of emotions, identity, voice, and community and encourage children to be heard, to have fun, and to shine their lights.
Each Monday, we’ll share a whole week of experiences to be worked through at your own pace. Each day will include:
- Morning Meetings: Each morning will focus on a different area of self-care
- Read-Alouds: Expertly-read stories are the backbone for the learning each week
- Activities: Learning through play and creativity is tied to the stories, with teaching artists as guides
- Word Work: Students are taught to break down words through engaging activities designed to provide practice with vital decoding skills
- Friday Art Experience: Opportunity each week to participate in a communal art experience
This learning experience is flexible, designed for you and your child to do at your own pace – anytime, anywhere. Follow along with us each week or join in any time!
6/11 If you missed our kick-off event, click below to watch Drs. Renée Boynton-Jarrett and Maryanne Wolf discuss the role of relationships in forming safety, fostering trust and building brains for learning, thinking, questioning and leading.Week 2: Emotions
6/15 - 6/19 How do I feel? Reading helps me identify and express my emotions. Art form: PoetryWeek 3: Identity
6/22 - 6/26 Who am I? Reading lets me discover who I am. Art form: Costume designWeek 4: Voice
6/29 - 7/3 Why does my voice matter? Reading leads me to speak up for what I believe.Art form: SongwritingWeek 5: Community
7/6 - 7/10 What can we do better together? Reading connects us. Art form: Storytelling